The first Routemaster prototype was completed in September 1954 and the last one was delivered in 1968. The layout of the vehicle was traditional for the time, with a half-cab, front-mounted engine and open rear platform.
The open platform, while exposed to the elements, allowed boarding and alighting in places other than official stops; and the presence of a conductor allowed minimal boarding time and optimal security, but with greater labour costs
|Subject||2.6 × 2 cm, Aquarell|
|Paper||300g Water Color Paper|
|Dimensions||20 × 20 cm|