Wartburg castle originally built in the Middle Ages is situated on a 410 meters precipice overlooking the town of Eisenach, Germany.
It was the place where Martin Luther translated the New Testament of the Bible into German.
On 31 October 1517, Luther wrote to his bishop, Albrecht von Brandenburg, protesting the sale of indulgences. He enclosed in his letter a copy of his Ninety-five Theses.
|Subject||∅ 27mm (1,06“), Aquarell|
|Paper||300g Water Color Paper|
|Dimensions||20 × 20 cm|